Napa Valley, located in Napa County, is one of the top destinations in Northern California (or the world) to drink more than just wine. There are amazing hikes, hot springs, the best restaurant globally, beautiful views, and tons more.
This guide will have your complete list of what to do in Napa Valley.
Wine Tastings in Napa Valley
Napa Valley is one of the most famous wine regions globally and is sometimes known as the Wine Country. It’s a beautiful place, with rolling hills and vineyards stretching for miles. The valley has become synonymous with fine wines, and it’s no wonder why: its climate is perfect for growing grapes, and the soil is rich enough to produce some of the finest vintages in the world. Whether you’re looking for incredible wine pairings with a culinary experience or exceptional wines, you’ll never find near home. Spend your time here.
Napa Valley Wine Train
The Napa Valley Wine Train is a great way to see the region’s vineyards and wineries from a different perspective. You can take a tour of the area, visit some of the most famous wineries, and enjoy delicious food.
- Website: https://www.winetrain.com/
- Address: 1275 McKinstry St, Napa, CA 94559
- Phone: (707) 253-2111
Castello di Amorosa
If you’re looking for wine tasting with many wine pairings and stunning views, Castello di Amorosa is where you want to try. You can tour this medieval-style castle which creates fun experiences for the whole family.
- Website: https://castellodiamorosa.com/
- Address: 4045 St Helena Hwy, Calistoga, CA 94515
- Phone: (707) 967-6272
Palmaz Vineyards is located in Napa, CA, known for its Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Website: https://palmazvineyards.com/
- Address: 4029 Hagen Rd, Napa, CA 94558
- Phone: (707) 226-5587
The winery has been around since 1876 and was initially founded by German immigrant August Krug. They produce some of the most famous wines in America, including Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Zinfandel, and many others.
- Website: https://rombauer.com/
- Address: 3522 Silverado Trail N, St Helena, CA 94574
- Phone: (800) 622-2206
The winery has a small tasting room where visitors can enjoy a glass of wine from its range of award-winning wines. It’s also home to an art gallery showcasing local artists’ works.
- Website: https://www.kalewines.com/
- Address: 708 1st St, Napa, CA 94559
- Phone: (707) 224-4041
Silver Oak Winery
The winery has a great tasting room where you can sample wines worldwide, including some rare vintages. It’s located next to the vineyard and offers tours of the grounds and facilities.
- Website: https://silveroak.com/
- Address: 915 Oakville Cross Rd, Oakville, CA 94562
- Phone: (707) 942-7022
Robert Mondavi Winery
It was founded by Robert Mondavi, born in 1876 in Italy. He immigrated to the United States in 1898 and started working at his uncle’s vineyard. In 1919, he bought his first vineyard and became its owner in 1940. His son Michael took over the family business in 1966. Today, the company produces wines under the name of Robert Mondavi Winery, which has won many awards.
- Website: https://robertmondaviwinery.com/
- Address: 7801 St Helena Hwy, Napa, CA 94558
- Phone: (888) 766-6328
Hall Napa Valley
HALL Wines is a critically acclaimed artisan Napa Cabernet Sauvignon from two Napa Valley winery locations in Rutherford and St Helena. Owned by Craig and Kathryn Hall, Hall Wine Vineyard Collection features ten estate properties producing classics from Bordeaux.
- Website: https://www.hallwines.com/
- Address: 401 St. Helena Hwy. South St. Helena, CA 94574
- Phone: +1 (707) 286-7151 (St. Helena) or +1 (707) 286-7150 (Rutherford)
Day Trips in Napa Valley
A day trip to Napa Valley is one of California’s best things. It is also one of the most popular places to go with tourists because of its beautiful scenery and wine tasting opportunities. If you plan to visit this place, here are some tips to ensure a great time.
Napa Art Walk
The Napa Valley Wine Train offers a unique way to enjoy the wineries of Napa Valley. It’s a great way to see all the vineyards and taste some delicious wines simultaneously.
- Website: http://www.napaartwalk.org/
- Address: 1000 Main St, Napa, CA 94559
- Phone: (707) 257-9529
Saint Helena (also known as St. Helena)
The town of Saint Helena has a lot going for it. It’s home to the largest winery in the United States, which means you can visit its tasting rooms and sample some of the world’s finest wines. If you’re looking for something a little different, head to the Napa River Museum, where you can see exhibits dedicated to the region’s history. It’s also a great place to spend a romantic weekend getaway.
- Website: https://www.sthelena.com/
- Address: 1320A Main Street, St. Helena, CA 94574
- Phone: (707) 963-4456
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Round Pond Estate
The vineyards at Round Pond Estate are located in the Stags Leap District, which produces some of the most sought-after wines in the world. It’s known for its Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, and Zinfandel grapes.
- Website: https://www.roundpond.com/
- Address: 875 Rutherford Rd, Rutherford, CA 94573
- Phone: (707) 302-2575
Napa Valley Museum
Napa Valley Museum is a museum in Yountville, California. The museum features exhibits that cover the history, culture, and environment of Napa Valley and the creative expression of regional and local artists. The museum mounted an exhibition called “Dangerous Games: Dangerous Toys We Love As Kids.”
- Website: https://napavalleymuseum.org/
- Address: 55 Presidents Cir, Yountville, CA 94599
- Phone: (707) 944-0500
Napa Valley Bike Tours
Napa Valley offers some great bike tours if you’re looking for something different. The Napa Valley Wine Train is a classic way to see the region’s vineyards and wineries. Other options include cycling through the countryside, biking along the Russian River, or touring the area by Segway.
- Website: https://napavalleybiketours.com/
- Address: 6500 Washington St, Yountville, CA 94599
- Phone: (707) 251-8687
Di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art
The museum has two locations in San Francisco and one in Napa Valley. It’s known for its collection of contemporary art from around the globe, including works by Andy Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein, and Robert Rauschenberg.
- Website: https://www.dirosaart.org/
- Address: 5200 Sonoma Hwy, Napa, CA 94559
- Phone: (707) 226-5991
Bale Gristmill State Historic Park
The park has a working grist mill dating back to 1856. It’s a great place to visit if you’re looking for history and nature.
- Website: https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=482
- Address: 3369 St Helena Hwy, St Helena, CA 94574
- Phone: (707) 963-2236
The American canyon is located at the south end of Napa Valley. Vineyards surround it and offers a beautiful view of the Napa River. It is also close to the ocean, making it an ideal place for fishing, swimming, and boating. The chardonnay golf course is nearby as well as horseback riding. The city of Napa is also close by, providing lots of fun things to do. There are some great Vietnamese, Thai and other restaurants in American Canyon.
- Website: https://www.cityofamericancanyon.org/
- Address: 4381 Broadway Street, Suite 201, American Canyon, CA 94503
- Phone: (707) 647-4360
Napa Valley Casino
Since there’s not much to do at night in the Napa Valley, you’ll want to put Napa Valley Casino on your list. You’ll be able to stop by 24/7 to play Blackjack; Texas Hold’em, Pai Gow Poker, Pai Gow Tiles, Baccarat, Omaha Hi-Lo, and Three Card Poker.
- Website: https://www.napavalleycasino.com
- Address: 3466 Broadway St, American Canyon, CA 94503
- Phone Number: (707) 644-8851
Napa Valley Fly Guides
Get guided fly fishing trips in northern California and Napa Valley with Richard Loft if fly fishing is your thing.
- Website: https://www.napavalleyflyguides.com/
- Phone: (707) 294-4738
- Email: email@example.com
Oxbow Public Market Napa Valley California
The market has a great selection of local produce and artisanal foods, including cheese, meat, bread, coffee, chocolate, olive oil, jams, jellies, pickles, sausages, etc. It’s a fun place to visit and explore.
- Website: https://oxbowpublicmarket.com/
- Address: 610 1st St, Napa, CA 94559
- Phone: (707) 226-6529
The platypus tours will take you through the most exciting places in napa valley. It’s a great way to see all the sights without worrying about driving yourself around.
- Website: https://www.platypustours.com/
- Address: 182 Camino Oruga, Napa, CA 94558
- Phone: (707) 253-2723
The park has many trails. It’s a great place to hike, bike, run, swim, picnic, camp, or enjoy nature.
- Website: https://www.skylinepark.org/
- Address: 2201 Imola Ave, Napa, CA 94559
- Phone: (707) 252-0481
The Hess Collection Winery and Art Museum
The Hess Collection Winemakers’ Garden is a great place to visit if you want to learn more about winemaking. It’s located at the Hess Collection Winery & Art Museum, with several exhibits showcasing local artists.
- Website: https://www.hessperssonestates.com/visit/art/
- Address: 4411 Redwood Rd, Napa, CA 94558
- Phone: (707) 255-1144
Woodhouse Chocolate Napa Valley California
Two brothers who wanted to create something different from the typical chocolate bars founded the chocolate company. They wanted to create a bar that would satisfy both the sweet tooth and the health-conscious person.
- Website: https://www.woodhousechocolate.com/
- Address: 1367 Main St, St Helena, CA 94574
- Phone: (707) 963-8413
Balloon over Napa Valley
The balloon ride is a great way to see all of the sights in Napa Valley from above. The view will take your breath away, and it’s a great way to relax after a long day exploring the area.
- Website: https://www.visitnapavalley.com/things-to-do/hot-air-balloons/
- Address: 1001 Second Street, Suite 330, Napa, CA 94559
- Phone: (707) 226-5813
Relax in a mud bath in Calistoga
The town of Calistoga has become synonymous with its famous hot springs. It’s not hard to see why – it’s got gorgeous scenery, great restaurants, and some of the most relaxing baths.
- Website: https://www.indianspringscalistoga.com/spa-treatments/mud-mineral-baths
Drive the Silverado Trail
The Silverado Trail runs along Highway 29 from St Helena through Calistoga and into Sonoma County. It’s a scenic drive with many wineries, hiking trails, and great restaurants.
Visit Lake Berryessa
The lake has excellent hiking trails, including the famous Mount St Helena Trail, which takes you through spectacular scenery. It’s also home to the largest natural freshwater lake in Northern California.
Take a cooking class.
Cooking classes are great fun and give you a new perspective on food. They’re also a great way to try out some new recipes.
Hike to Linda Falls
The hike to Linda Falls is a great way to see some of the most breathtaking scenery in Napa Valley. It’s not too tricky, but it does require some effort. It takes around 2 hours to reach the falls from downtown Napa, so if you’re looking for something shorter, try going to the wineries instead.
Where to Eat in Napa Valley
Gott’s Roadside Napa Valley California
Founded by brothers Joel and Duncan, Gott’s Roadside is known for its modern approach to creating California-inspired dishes using locally sourced ingredients. Their menu includes the California burger with a fried egg, bacon, balsamic, chicken schnitzel sandwich with harissa and turmeric spiced mayo, chicken kale caesar, and hand-spun organic shakes.
- Website: https://www.gotts.com/
- Address: 644 1st St, Napa, CA 94559
- Phone: (707) 224-6900
Torc is a place where people come to drink and eat great food. It’s a place where you can hear some of the best live music. The atmosphere is casual and fun. People come here to enjoy themselves.
- Website: https://www.torcnapa.com/
- Address: 1140 Main St, Napa, CA 94559
- Phone: (707) 252-3292
Dine at The French Laundry
It’s not cheap, but it’s worth every penny. If you’re looking for a meal that will blow your mind, then this is it.
- Website: https://www.thomaskeller.com/
- Address: 6640 Washington St, Yountville, CA 94599
- Phone: (707) 944-2380
Have breakfast at The Model Bakery
It’s hard to beat the view from The Model Bakery’s rooftop deck. The menu includes everything from avocado toast to eggs Benedict, but try the “Pancakes & Waffles” ($10) if you want something lighter.
- Website: https://www.themodelbakery.com/
- Address: 1357 Main St, St Helena, CA 94574
- Phone: (707) 963-8192
Where to Stay in Napa Valley
If you’re looking for a place to stay in Napa Valley, you’ve come to the right place! This guide will tell you where to stay in Napa, from luxury hotels to Airbnb rentals.
Auberge Du Soleil Napa Valley CA
The Auberge du Soleil Napa Valley is located at the heart of the Napa Valley Wine Country. It’s a 5-star hotel offering luxury accommodations and spa services.
- Website: https://aubergeresorts.com/aubergedusoleil/
- Address: 180 Rutherford Hill Rd, Rutherford, CA 94573
- Phone: (800) 348-5406
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley
You’ll find numerous wineries and vineyards nearby. There are many restaurants near the hotel. The spa offers relaxing services. The restaurant serves delicious dishes.
- Website: https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/oakacdt-doubletree-hotel-and-spa-napa-valley-american-canyon/
- Address: 3600 Broadway, American Canyon, CA 94503
- Phone: (707) 674-2100
Nightlife In Napa Valley
Outside a few bars, most businesses shut down at night so if you’re bored and looking for something exciting to do, stop by Napa Valley Casino which is open 24/7 including all holidays.